Friday 23 March 2018

Embossing with Gelatos

Hello
A quick one to start today as I realised that this one slipped by without me posting. Although it's a Mother's Day card, with a change of sentiment it would fit many occasions.


First I scribbled on two pieces of card and blended the colours with a damp baby wipe.


Then I coloured an embossing folder using the lighter colour first. I did both sides and then spritzed lightly with water. 


I put my coloured card pieces back to back in the folder so that I could emboss both at the same time, ending up with one side embossed and one side debossed. There was still some colour on the folder so I spritzed again and ran two pieces of white card through. 
 

Using a different folder I embossed and die cut some flowers and used the pieces to build up the card, adding some string, gems and a sentiment to finish off.


 I had enough pieces for two cards so one for my mother-in-law as well!

I know that a lot of the world celebrates Mother's Day in May so there's still plenty of time to be inspired. Take a look at The Craft Barn blog for more ideas here...here...and here.

Thank you for taking time to look. Don't go away - there's another post coming!

4 comments:

  1. A gorgeous technique, and great card;thanks for sharing it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's great! Thank you Claire.
    This is a super technique, never tried it myself, I love this!!!
    I have gelatos for ages, and don't use them enough... You show me the way.
    Your card with this technique is really beautiful moreover. Your mum must have appreciated it very much I guess (here in France, our Mother's Day is only at the end of May, so I have a bit of time teehee)
    Hugs,
    Coco xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a great way to make a large batch of background papers for die cutting or layering later when you don't have much time. Thank you for taking a look xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. xx