A quick CAS (clean and simple) birthday card for a man. The background was created by pulling a print from dye based ink on shaving foam. The images were stamped and masked to layer them. Some parts were bleached to keep them white and other parts shaded with ProMarkers to give a shadow effect.
Stampers Anonymous: Call it Art, The Essence of Art
A super quick one for The Craft Barn dictionary challenge. This fortnight it is the letter Z, but must include a pearl. A good opportunity to use my Stampotique stamp, with some zombie hands cut on the Silhouette.
Apologies if I don't get around to visiting everyone this fortnight, it's all a bit hectic, but I'll do my best.
A couple of weeks ago I had a lovely day out with friends at Osterley Park and House. Behind the house is a Tudor walled garden and we were there when the flowers were at their finest.
I chose one particualr photo and inspired by the riot of colour I've done my best to capture the vibrancy of the flowers. If I get a bit more time I think the last two photos are begging to be painted as well!
Apologies for it not being the sharpest of photos! It was all painted using Dina Wakley heavy body acrylics.
Finally with 24 hours to go I finished a picture of my sister's cat in time for her birthday. It was a bit trial and error with the paints and I still have a long way to go but it's a passable likeness.
A bit ahead of myself for once with The Craft Barn dictionary challenge. This fortnight the letter is C and as I have been having fun with my paints recently I decided to attempt a chameleon. I found lots of photos of the extremely colourful panther chameleon to inspire me.
First I gessoed the page and then masked off the panel for the main image, before swirling various shades of green to create a background. I stamped the circle patterns in paint and the leaves in blue ink with paint highlights. Next to paint the chameleon which was not as difficult as I thought because the dots could be overlaid until I got the effect I wanted. To tie it all together at the end I did a scribble frame, with a little shadow shading to make it stand out, and a few splatters to tie the focal image to the rest of the page.
I understand chameleons change colour with mood. I'm guessing this is his grumpy outfit!
Super quick post for The Craft Barn dictionary challenge. You'd think being on holiday I should have more time, but it doesn't seem to work out that way! I was going to go with numbers for the letter N right up until the point I got the stencils out and saw the Clarity town stencil. That's the joy of crafting you never know where the muse will take you!
W is for wine...of course! Thought I'd get the gelatos out for a change for The Craft Barn dictionary challenge this fortnight. The background is made with layers of gelatos rubbed through stencils with a baby wipe, then stamping on top with a few highlights. The main image was stamped and watercoloured with the gelatos. A little distress ink was added here and there for shadows with the rings stamped in paint.